Wednesday, July 21, 2010

You Know You're a Beader When....

The start of this blog was because I wanted a place to jot down quick ideas (or full blog snippets) that I was afraid I'd lose in my fast lane called life. I will always do my best to keep these pages upbeat & fun.

However...I must share what's been up the last few days.

There was a horrible tragic car accident 1/3 mile from where I live. The impact was so strong that I heard it & knew something was terribly wrong, without knowing it was even a car accident. I can't describe it here, other than the sound would numb you. Seeing the aftermath from a distance & knowing more about the young woman involved, it has completely zapped me of any potential creativity I might have had flowing.
I feel just terrible for her family, she was so young.
If you are a friend of mine on Facebook, and want to read more, I have a couple of articles posted.

SO - since I won't be beading tonight - I am trying to cheer myself into a positive rest of my week.
Mama needs her spunk back!
Let's do something fun!
Inspired by a newsletter feature in my local bead society -

Share with me, if you will, your stories of "You Know You're a Beader When....."

GO!


.

4 comments:

  1. Everything you look at you think hey I could do this design on this material.....or this would make such a neat beaded thingamajiggy.......or those colors would look so pretty together in a jewelry piece....or I could make matching jewelery for this sweater with the beads I have at home......or I don't have any more room and need a bigger house for all my beads.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find a bead, piece of wire or random finding in your dryer's lint trap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You pack your beads before you pack your underoos for vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time you start to type a word that begins with "B-E" it ends in "A-D"

    ReplyDelete